The premium provides funding specifically for children from lower income families or service families who have registered. The purpose of the grant into schools is to raise achievement and improve outcomes for these children. Now that all children in EYFS/KS1 are entitled to free school meals, it is important that families register for pupil premium funding as schools are not automatically informed of entitlement.
We will be able to use the grant in a number of ways, whilst ensuring it is carefully targeted for those eligible children in order to help them achieve their potential both academically and socially. The main ways in which the money can be spent are:
- To fund or part-fund the provision of Teaching Assistant support for individuals, small groups and classes to help children to achieve their academic potential.
- To fund the provision of specific resources to support and improve achievement.
- To fund the provision of Teaching Assistant support for non-academic interventions to help increase self-esteem, develop social skills, improve relationships, confidence etc.
- To subsidise school uniform, music lessons, extra-curricular activities, trips, visitors and performers to school.
The Department of Education website is a good source of additional information:
Who can apply for Pupil Premium?
If you receive any of the benefits listed below, then you should apply for pupil premium funding:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Funding rates for 2022-2023:
How To Apply
You can apply via the City Council or through us: please give your details in confidence to our office manager.
Pupil Premium Reports
Below, you can find all the pupil premium reports from the school.